Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Saturday, May 1, 2021

"Roxanne!!!," --- from the movie, "The Moulin Rouge"...

    THE STAGED SONG & (TANGO) DANCE ROUTINE: THE ARGENTINE SINGER AND DANCER, WHO ALSO WORKS AT THE MOULIN ROUGE, WILL NEVER GET OVER THE FACT THAT NINI "LEGS-IN-THE-AIR" IS AN INDEPENDENT WOMAN; SHE DOES WHATEVER SHE WANTS, --- ESPECIALLY PHYSICALLY... HE'S VERY CONTROLLING AND VERY JEALOUS, AND WHEN SHE GOES STREETWALKING, IT DRIVES HIM INSANE. IN A FIT OF RAGE, SO PASSIONATE IT'S UNCONTROLLABLE, HE SUDDENLY KILLS HER. DURING THEIR DANCE HE BREAKS HER NECK. SHE'S DEAD; HE COULDN'T HAVE HER... NOW, NO ONE CAN.... (***In the movie, Nini isn't really dead, of course.) 

  SONG & TANGO, --- "ROXANNE"...

 The Argenyine singer and dancer speaks: "WE HAVE A DANCE IN THE BROTHELS OF BUENOS AIRES... FIRST THERE IS DESIRE, THEN, PASSION, THEN, SUSPICION, --- JEALOUSY, --- BETRAYAL, --- ANGER!!!... JEALOUSY WILL DRIVE YOU MAD!!!... WHEN LOVE IS FOR THE HIGHEST BIDDER THERE CAN BE NO TRUST!!!... WHERE THERE IS NO TRUST, THERE IS NO LOVE!!!... " 💔💔💔

https://youtu.be/Rn0xXo1gwGY




"Roxanne!!!... 
You don't have to put on that red light.
Those days are over.
You don't have to sell your body to the night.

Roxanne!!!...
You don't have to wear that red dress tonight.
Walk the streets for money.
You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right. 
(His eyes upon you face... His hand upon your hand... His lips caress your skin... IT'S MORE THAN I CAN STAND!!!)
Roxanne!!!...
You don't have to put on that red light.
Roxanne!!!...
You don't have to...

I loved you since I knew you.
I wouldn't talk down to you.
I have to tell you just how I feel.
I won't share you with another man.

I know my mind is made up.
So, put away your make up.
I told you once.
 I won't tell you again.
It's a bad way.

Roxanne!!!...
(Why does my heart cry?... Feelings I can't hide, --- you're free to leave me, but PLEASE, PLEASE believe me... And, PLEASE, don't deceive me when I say I LOVE YOU!!!)
Roxanne!!!...
You don't have to put on that red light.
Roxanne!!!...
You don't have to...

Baby, don't put it on!!!
Baby, don't put it on!!!
Baby, don't put it on!!!
Baby, don't put it on!!!"
--- Lyrics by George Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment