Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Friday, May 14, 2021

REALITY CHECK: you remember Sleeping Beauty's castle surrounded by a forest of thorns???...

 


Well... I'm here to tell you those thorns may have been REAL!!!...    

   We all know that myths and legends, fairy tales too, have some basis in fact, otherwise, --- WHERE DID THEY COME FROM???...

   MY sister made a journey to the British Isles and toured some castles and old, old houses there. Some of thoses places have roses, very old roses whose, --- root stock is, --- let's say, --- a forest... Yes, the roses are hundreds of feet tall and their thorns are half an inch long. When roses are so old they begin to make wood, actual trunks.

   Here's a pic of a hundred foot tall mulberry tree with a wild white rose growing 75 feet up into it..

No comments:

Post a Comment