Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

***LOVE this !!!... "The Immigrant Song," by Led Zeppelin (& Many women actually LOVED Viking conquerors!!!)...










"WE COME FROM THE LAND OF THE ICE AND SNOW..."


And, many women actually LOVED Vikings. They were clean, bathing every Saturday night, and washing their clothes regularly, and combing their hair and beards... Yes, all TRUE!!!... 💋💖💋  This was in deep contrast to smelly European Christians who rarely bathed (except maybe at baptism). Ukkk!!!... Interesting, --- yes???...




"AH-AH, AH!...
...Ah-ah, ah!

We come from the land of the ice and snow,
From the midnight sun, where the hot springs flow...
The hammer of the gods!
We'll drive our ships to new lands,
To fight the horde, and sing and cry!
Valhalla, I am coming!

On we sweep with threshing oar!
Our only goal will be the western shore!

Ah-ah, ah!
Ah-ah, ah!

We come from the land of the ice and snow
From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow...
How soft your fields so green!
Can whisper tales of gore,
Of how we calmed the tides of war!
We are your overlords!

On we sweep with threshing oar...
Our only goal will be the western shore!

So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins...
For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing!

Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh.
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh,
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh,
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh,
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh!!!"
   Mmmm... I heard they wrote this while they were waiting to go on a trip to Iceland. Would I like to go to visit the Land Of The Northern Lights, a Land Of Trolls, a Land of the Oral Tradition Of Storytelling, --- to visit ICELAND???.. What do you think???... Oh, oh, oh, ---   Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Haaaaaaaaa, --- WHO KNOWS???... Maybe once I experienced the Land Of Sagas & Storytellers I would NEVER come back!!!... (That's what one of my friends said.)



No comments:

Post a Comment