Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Dodos were only native to the isle of Mauritius...

 ...which was off the coast of Madagascar, the only place in the whole world where they were found. Most folks know that they were a big, clumsy


flightless bird, probably not smart either. (The word "Dodo" is Portuguese for "stupid".) Loss of habitat ruined them. Sailors and pirates also clubbed them to death, people partly causing their extinction in about the mid to late  1600s.


(In my novel "Pirate Heart," the main character Captain Will Burton, who went to sea at the age of 10, says he remembers seeing dodos on the isle of Mauritius when he traveled in that area, near exotic Madagascar. )


No comments:

Post a Comment