Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Monday, November 15, 2021

Floki sailed across the sea and found (gasp!) ICELAND !!!...

 

In season 5 of "Vikings"... They didn't say it was Iceland, but I knew it was. Nowhere else on earth looks quite like that. And, they showed a smoking volcano and that stunning waterfall, -- of which there are many in Iceland. Floki said it was the abode of the Norse gods. (He may be right!!!)




Odin appears in Kattegat, from "Vikings"...


The raven is believed to be the eyes and ears of Odin...

Iceland has such a rugged beauty. I'm sure it's a harsh land, in many ways, but it's still exquisite. However, Floki was looking at the land with 👀 eyes of deluded love 💖 when he told others that it was a rich farmland, Actually, only about 22% of Iceland's land could be considered farmable. It's a volcanic island with much of the area covered with mossy turf or short grass over a few inches of dirt with rock underneath.  

Oh, how I'd love to go there!!!... 💖💖💖💖💖 I'm in love with the country and I've never even seen it!!! 










Floki discovers Iceland...


Floki talks with the gods in Iceland...


How did Floki discover Iceland???... (The real story of Floki, the boat builder, the video is in a Scandinavian language, I didn't understand a word of it, but I sort of get the general gist. 😏)...





No comments:

Post a Comment