Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Friday, November 26, 2021

I'm proud to be an American, but not for the usual reasons...

 

   I'm proud that my brave and probably desperate ancestors came from France over 400 years ago as Huguenots, French Protestants, escaping religious persecution. (Huguenots were being burnt at the stake in 17th century France.) 


   I'm also proud that part of my family are Native Americans. And, I mean they're not just, perhaps, 1/8 Native American like most Americans mean when they say they have Native American blood. I mean they're 60% to 80% Cherokee of the Western Band and Chiricahua Apache of the Chiricahua Mountains of southern Arizona, near the New Mexico border. But, they don't talk about it much. They just are.




Chiricahua girl, in  native dress, vintage photo, of course. Quite a few of my family look like this girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment