Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Very Sexy, Excellent 1950s Movie: "The Long, Hot Summer," with Paul Newman & Joanne Woodward...

 







     ... Also starring Lee Remick, Orson Welles and Angela Lansbury. 

   Song sung by Jimmie Rogers, --- beautiful sensual, yet classy song & lyrics!!! --- Listen to it  on youtube = https://youtu.be/BwG53UA3NdA     (Sorry the video won't post here.) 

   Joanne Woodward was originally from Georgia, whereas, Paul Newman, born and raised in Cleveland, had to work on developing a Southern accent. "The Long, Hot Summer," was based on three stories by William Faulkner. The friction between Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward was SIZZLING!!!... 😙😈💪💥💋💋💋!!!


    (Them electric BLUE eyes!!!) 💙💙💙!!!

   The movie was re-done in later years, in 1985, starring Don Johnson, and that version can be seen free in it's entirety on youtube. (The titles are in German, although the movie is entirely in English, with no subtitles. Weird.) Okay, --- I watched it. I thought meh... 😐 I thought, --- zero chemistry between Don Johnson as Ben Quick and the actress they got to play uptight Noel, Judith Ivey, or the Clara-imitation. (Don Johnson is a lot prettier than Judith Ivey.) Cybill Shepard and Jason Robards were good. Ava Gardener has a minor role. I couldn't figure out why she was in it, except maybe because her role, Minnie Littlejohn, --- Papa Varner's mistress, was in the original, I organized some of my files while I watched this blah re-make, put the time to good use. That was during the first half of this mini-series... 

   Then, it suddenly changed. It got much better and interesting. The chemistry I thought was absent heated up, --- the love scene. The plot became fast paced and I enjoyed it when it all came together at the end. Strange, it was like the first half of it even had different, and much worse, writers than the second half.    

No comments:

Post a Comment