Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Thursday, May 6, 2021

The 2001 movie, --- "The Moulin Rouge." --- I JUST LOVE IT!!!...




I love cabaret, so, naturally, I LOVE "The Moulin Rouge,". I love every thing about it, from the music, to the costumes, to the plot, the actors. the acting, --- EVERY- EVERYTHING!!!...
I have to say that I really didn't expect it to have such a dramatically sad ending. When gorgeous Satine dies of T.B., which was very much a scourge in that time, you may know, --- her gasping, Christian's shock, --- so heart breaking...


 (It wasn't known then that T.B. is contagious. Christian may have contacted it from Satine, but then, MAYBE NOT. Satine probably grew up very poor, with insubstantial nutrition. Christian may very well have a good immune system and that may fight the T. B. off. Not everyone exposed to it got the disease. Of course, unless practically a miracle happened Satine has STDs too and that would further weaken her. And, Christian, --- well, he's exposed to those too.) Ewan Mc Gregor's intense crying just tore-tore me up. He didn't just cry; he positively sobbed... Such stellar acting, tears hanging on his lashes, falling from his beautiful gray-green eyes!!! (He won a Golden Globe" for best actor in a musical for his portrayal of Christian in this movie.) And, his voice, --- that stunning bright tenor!!!... JUST SO, SO OUTSTANDING!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment