Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

My Dad & Clark Gable... (A true story!!!)

Yes, my dad met Clark Gable, spent an afternoon with him, and told us Clark was a great guy. >>> It happened like this... My uncle, my dad's older brother was a designer and maker of specialized RVs. While we were visiting him and my grandma in Los Angeles, my dad went to have a picnic lunch at my uncle's RV lot. Well, Clark came in then, to see how the outfitting of his new RV was coming along. My uncle introduced my dad to Clark and they hit it off right away. My uncle said: "This is Clark Gable". My dad shook hands with Clark, and didn't show any signs that he knew Clark Gable was an ultra-popular movie star. My dad looked puzzled because he truly didn't know who Clark Gable was, ~ yeah, Hollywood's most famous hot male actor. My dad just didn't follow "that movie stuff," and was not in awe of anyone, ever, anyway. My dad was friendly to everybody and well, Clark was surprised and absolutely delighted to find that my dad really didn't know who he was. Clark was an avid outdoorsman and loved to fish, and so did my dad. They got to telling fishing stories, over beer and sandwiches and potato chips. And, Clark liked my dad so much that he invited him to his ranch for a weekend of fishing when his latest picture was finished being filmed. My dad declined Clark's offer though, because he had to return to Ohio. >>> Uh, ~ I would have made SOME sort of arrangement to go to Clark's ranch REGARDLESS, if it was me!... But, that was my dad, not at all starstruck with the guy who was The King Of Hollywood. To my dad Clark was just another cool fisherman. My mom had my dad return to my uncle's business that afternoon, though, to get her Clark's autograph. She had my dad call my uncle, to ask Clark not to leave the lot till my dad could drive back there. My dad was embarrassed to do this, but Clark was glad to do it.
And, so, my dad got the autograph. My mom was almost swooning at even the thought of my dad spending an afternoon with Clark Gable!!! ;) Lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment