Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

"Haint" Blue, --- to keep ghosts & evil spirits at bay...


    Did you know that doors and window frames are sometimes painted blue to keep evil spirits away???... This was, and is, especially done in the deep southern United States, --- in bayou country. The color is referred to as "haint" blue, --- "haint," as in "haunt" because it's also supposed to keep ghosts away. Porch ceilings are also painted haint blue. After all, blue is a very positive color, --- the color of the sky and the ocean. 💜💙💜

          I love this house. Yes, it's in Louisiana, in the bayou country.

No comments:

Post a Comment