Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Gorgeous babe Joe Morelli, --- (from the Stephanie Plum novels, by Janet Evanovich) if you read them YOU DEFINITELY KNOW who he IS!!!...

 πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜šπŸ˜™πŸ˜πŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’˜πŸ’—πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’•πŸ’”πŸ’“πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹...





Oh, --- WoW!!!... (These guys would make a great Joe Morelli!!!... I picture Joe has having a lot of gorgeous, white teeth.) 

   Stephanie Plum, bail bond skip recovery agent, --- or bounty hunter, says about Joe, a Trenton vice cop, and bad boy super-extraordinary, --- "I sold him my cannoli in high school." To which, Connie Rizzoli, secretary at her cousin Vinnie Plum's bail bond company, says, --- "Honey, half the girls in New Jersey sold Joe Morelli their cannoli." 




There are now 26 Stephanie Plum novels and I've only read one. I'd say I have a reading feast to discover. These books at times are so funny you may laugh out loud. 

   Grandma Mazur, Stephanie's grand mother, is hilarious. Stephanie says she's in her 70s and doesn't look a day over 90. Grandma Mazur loves to go to viewings at funeral homes, wears spandex shorts, although she "has knees like doorknobs," and accidentally-on-purpose shot the butt off a roast turkey at the dinner table with Stephanie's new .38, which she dug in Stephanie's purse to find. (Debbie Reynolds, below, played Grandma Mazur in the movie. Betty White would have been good too.)




   Stephanie is mentored by ultra-cool Ricardo Carlos "Ranger" Manolo, "the Lord god guru of bounty hunters," who almost always wears Kevlar, a bullet resisting material, and basic black, and looks like "Michelangelo's David dipped in caramel". Ranger taught Stephanie how to shoot and bought her her first gun. Naturally, Stephanie also got a super "pepper spray". (I was surprised, upon surfing the internet, but maybe not TOO surprised, to discover that hand guns now come in pretty girly pink. Whatta-ya-think-of-that???... πŸ˜œπŸ˜πŸ‘©πŸ‘„πŸ’... Oh, well... πŸ˜™)




Stephanie's new job has her consorting with various low-lifes in Trenton, New Jersey, including former hooker Lula.




And, although Joe and Ranger too, are very tempting, after her disastrous marriage to Dickie Orr. ("I can't believe I married a guy called 'Dickie'.") And, Stephanie has yet to commit. She lives alone with her hamster Rex. 


She resists her mom's efforts to hook her up to reliable-but-boring-and-unappealing types such as Bernie  Kuntz, hardware store owner. (Bernie's mom says, "His biological clock is ticking,,,". Stephanie doesn't care, although Bernie did give her a really good deal on a nice blender, which came with a free bottle of daiquiri mix.) 

At the local library book sale, held only once a month (darn!!!), there are more Stephanie Plum novels. I intend to scoop them up at the next book sale, --- before someone else does!!!... πŸ˜πŸ˜‹πŸ˜ŠπŸ’ͺπŸ’₯πŸ‘ΌπŸ‘„πŸ‘Έ (I've got "One For The Money," "Two For The Dough," "Seven Up," and "Lean, Mean Thirteen," --- in which, I read, Joe asks Stephanie to marry him!!!... Oh, boy!!!) πŸ˜› 





No comments:

Post a Comment