Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

From "King Of Thieves," --- Alexandre & Theresa watch the performance of "Carmen"... (Chapter 2.)

  

 "Theresa"... He made my very common first name sound so elegant when he said it! But, now the performance was starting. The curtain went up. The audience applauded. Carmen is a great opera, --- the gorgeous wild Carmen and jealous, murderous Don Jose... BUT, I was SO distracted, many times stealing sideways looks at Alexandre, sitting next to me. 

   His profile was perfect, manly, but beautiful, forehead and chin perfectly aligned . His jaw was square, nose straight, those spectacular deep-set eyes with that forest of lashes. His thick hair in it's ponytail, resting about three inches down his back, was very dark, blacker than his tux and it had a curve to it. His shoulders were broad, but sloping. It seemed as if his body under the tux was leanly muscular, as strong and perfect as his face. Something about him reminded me of a big cat, --- a leopard. Strange, I should think of that...   

   And, he was so charming!  During the intermission he reached under his chair, bringing out a big red and black satin box of chocolates.  He shared them with me as we talked about the singing, the set, and other things of the performance. The opera began again.  In spite of the stunningly handsome Alexandre, I became engrossed in the thrilling singing, dancing, the romantic and tragic story. Then, it was over, --- much applause...

Alexandre turned toward me, smiling, as the house lights came up. "Ah, that was outstanding!" He stood. bent gracefully, put his top hat on his head.  He swept his cape onto his shoulders exactly like an Old World  aristocrat should, the scarlet satin lining flashing.. He extended his forearm to me. I placed my fingers on it, stood. I could actually feel the strength in that hard warm arm! It felt so good.

   "It's a lovely night.  Would you go with me to my favorite restaurant for a little supper, Theresa?"

   Such a gentleman,... "Of course, Alexandre.  I'd be delighted."  We swept from the opera house like a duke and his duchess.

--- Copyright 2021, by Antoinette Beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment