Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Saturday, April 13, 2024

PLEASE Don't Kill Poor Little Potato Bugs...

Have mercy... :(
Have you seen me in your yard? I’m a Stenopelmatus. Please… DON’T kill me! Let me tell you a little about myself. Many people also know me as a potato bug, Jerusalem cricket, Skull Insect, Childface, or Mother of Scorpion. People get scared when they see me and want to kill me. The reality is that I’m running from you. I’m not a spider, scorpion, or cricket, and I HAVE NO POISON. My only weapon is my mandibles. With them, I feed off the organic waste found next to garden plants. We play a very important role in the environment because we contribute to plant growth by aerating the soil and allowing for better oxygenation. My lifespan is just one year. If you find me at night, please don’t kill me. I’m simply looking for food and a safe place to hide. 🦗

No comments:

Post a Comment