Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

" FUNKY FAIRY TALES: Rapunzel, Her Prince & The Witch, - Part 2..."


Well, his wife Marie had no sympathy for Sam's poor swollen nose.  In fact, she bitched so much about the witch's rapion Sam was about ready to leave her, pregnancy or not!  But, being a decent man, he didn't.  Instead, he sighed very deeply and told her that if she simply couldn't shut up about her craving he would dare, he would be so frightened, BUT he would dare to steal some of the rapion from the witches garden.

"Oh, would you REALLY do that for me?," Marie gushed, wringing her hands.

"Yes," Sam nodded.

So, on a dark night a little while later Sam sneaked into the witches garden with a basket and knife to chop the rapion.  Unfortunately, no sooner had he put a few leaves of it in his basket than the head of the witch popped out her window.

"AH-HA!...  AH-HA-HA!," she yelled, racing out to the garden.  "YOU SKUNKY THIEF!  I have a good mind to turn you into the magistrate!  Or perhaps I'll just turn you into a bug!"

The witch, whose named was Esmera, grabbed a fistful of Sam's hair and shook him so hard he dropped his basket and knife.

"Please!," Sam cried,  "I didn't want to come over to steal your rapion!  My wife is pregnant and she nagged me about it until I thought I would go crazy!  It was to shut her up that I agreed to take it!"

The witch let go of Sam's hair.  She brushed off her long black velvet skirts which had become quite dirty from the soil she had stirred up.  "Well, I can understand how a woman can make a man nuts.  I'm rather good at that myself, aided by magic, --- of course..."

"Of course, Madame Witch." Sam bowed.

"You seem to be a goodly sort, nice manners too."  The witch rubbed her chin.  "Alright, alright, you can have some of my rapion.  Fill your basket."

Sam's eyes went wide.  "I can REALLY do that?"

Esmera, frowned.  "Didn't I tell you you could?  Don't try my patience!   But, --- here is the condition..."

"Oh, boy, I knew this was coming!"  Sam shook his head.  The witch made a swipe at him; he ducked.

She put her hands on her hips, stuck out her luscious lips.  "Your wife is with child..."

"Yes..."

"I've wanted a daughter for many years.  If the baby is a boy you can keep it and the rapion for free.  BUT if it is a girl, --- she's mine!"

"NO-NO-NO!," Sam wailed.

"Oh, stop being so dramatic!   It's a done deal!  You'll probably have a boy, with my luck!"  Esmera stomped her foot, turned her back and went inside her house.

Sam picked up the basket of rapion and went back to Marie with the news that the witch had claimed their child, --- if the baby was a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment