Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Friday, August 20, 2021

***OH, BOY!!!... My "From Scratch" Pasta Sauce Recipe...

 


🍝 --- Those who are of Italian background might just call this RED SAUCE...


(I had a boyfriend whose mama was from Naples, Italy, Could she cook!!!... I remember that often there was a pot of sauce bubbling on a back burner of her stove. And, there was fresh baked bread to tear off and dip in a bowl of that delicious sauce. This sauce would be especially wonderful with homemade meatballs or sweet Italian sausage added to it.)

6 plum tomatoes, quartered

1 head of garlic, peeled & chopped

1 or 2 large onions, peel & chopped

2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil

2 medium cans of tomato paste

1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded

1/4 cup fresh oregano, shredded

1 dried bay leaf, removed after cooking is finished

1 carrot, shredded

1/3 or so cup of sugar, to cut the acidy taste, and/or about 1/2 cup sangria wine

Salt & black pepper, or tabasco sauce, to taste, if desired

Added water, depending on how thick you want your sauce, and more, if desired, during the long, slow cooking 

   Add all ingredients to large crockpot, turn on "low" and allow to simmer, pretty much all day, --- 12 hours. Stir and stir, regularly, add water, if necessary, Be very sure the bottom of the sauce doesn't burn. It will be better the next day, or two, when all the flavors meld. Add water, if the final product is too strong and/or too thick, but I like a thick sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment