Meanwhile...

Meanwhile...
I love all creatures. I consider them, all of them, to be sentient beings... I write thrillers, fantasy, mysteries, gothic horror, romantic adventure, occult, Noir, westerns and various types of short stories. I also re-tell traditional folk tales and make old fairy tales carefully cracked. I'm often awake very early in the morning. A cuppa, and fifteen minutes later I'm usually writing something. ;)

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

VICE Presents, - Rum, Guns & Gallows, - Part 3: Calico Jack...



It was at about 11:00 in the morning on June 7, 1692 that an enormous tidal wave swept away most of Port Royal, Jamaica.  [How it this known?  A pocket watch was found that stopped at just that time.] The grave of Captain Henry Morgan was also swept away.  Old Port Royal is now underwater.  Divers have hoped to find the headstone of Morgan, but, so far, it has not been recovered.

The captain of the pirate re-enactment crew, Raiders Of The North Shore, that I once belonged to, had visited Port Royal.  He told me that the pirates of the 1700s and their friends are still there and that their spirits are as hearty and free-swinging as they ever were.  Of course, those evil and charming scalawags never left!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment